PEIMS is the abbreviation Public Education Information Management System. It is a data collection system for gathering student, staff, financial, and organization data from school districts and education service centers. Our PEIMS Staff is committed to efficiently collect, communicate, and maintain data to ensure greater accuracy and integrity.
PEIMS services include but are not limited to:
- Training and Support (SIS System and PEIMS)
- Assist Special Program Departments
- Provide updates on PEIMS Data Standards
What is PEIMS used for?
- Texas Academic Performance Reports (TAPR)
- Federal Adequate Yearly Progress (AYP)
- Performance-Base Monitor (PBM)
- Financial Integrity Rating System of Texas
- Compliance Measure
Funding (Foundation School Program)
- Title Program
- School Lunch
- Special Education
- Grant Programs
PEIMS data is collected four times each school year. The submissions are the following listed below:
- Fall Collection – represents the state of LEAs as the Fall snapshot date. Although the Fall Snapshot Date may not be a day of instruction, school districts still report all students served and staff employed on that date. Exception: Leaver data are reported based on leaver status as of the last Friday in September.
- Mid-Year Collection – includes the audited actual financial data for the prior school year.
- Summer Collection – includes year long student attendance (regular and flexible), course completions, disciplinary actions, student restraints, Title I, Part A participation, course sections, and teacher class assignments/staff data, district/charter school and campus performance ratings, school board requests, and Foundation High School Program participation data.
- Extended Collection – includes special education extended year services (ESY) student data for the school year, student flexible attendance for credit recovery, and summertime dual credit course completion for students.