With the establishment of H.M. King Early College High School our educational journey does not end in 12th grade. The early college program will provide an early start, comprehensive plan to post-secondary success necessary for life beyond high school.
The goal of KISD’s early college program is to provide students with the academic foundation that is needed for success in college or career readiness.
This will include:
- Increasing rigor and relevance of high school courses.
- Providing flexible education plans that meet student needs.
- Collaborating with Texas A&M University-Kingsville and Coastal Bend College as our college partners to target expectations between high school and college.
- Initiating programs of study that lead to industry standards certification to high paying jobs and employment.
- Closing the opportunity gap by giving students the skills they need to access opportunities beyond high school.