Texas Virtual School Network (TXVSN) Grants Funding to Memorial Middle School For Approximately $80,000
Kingsville Indpendent School District is proud to announce Memorial Middle School has been selected as a recipient of the Texas Virtual School Network (TXVSN) Grants to Rural Schools.
TEA is awarding Texas Virtual School Network (TXVSN) grants to Texas public rural schools and open-enrollment charters. These grants are scheduled to be awarded in summer 2017 and will provide schools with funding needed to accomplish the following:
- Pay enrollment costs for students who are able to access the internet at home, school, or both and are selected to complete courses available through the TXVSN Course Catalog (60% of grant funds)
- Provide supplemental pay for selected teacher(s), counselor(s), etc. who will provide additional student support beyond their current assignments and serve as mentors for students participating in TXVSN (20% of grant funds)
- Pay costs (or a portion of costs) for technology needed (e.g., laptop, hot spot, internet access card) by students for participation in TXVSN (20% of grant funds)
Schools may use funds to pay TXVSN catalog course costs for fall and spring courses for the 2017–2018 school year and for summer 2018.
Schools most likely to benefit from a TXVSN grant have some or all of the following characteristics:
- They are experiencing a staffing shortage and are unable to assign a teacher to a course or courses needed for students to meet graduation requirements.
- They are experiencing scheduling difficulties and are unable to meet the individual needs of students by scheduling them into a course or courses needed to meet graduation requirements.
- They do not have resources to offer courses locally and wish to
- expand course offerings and endorsement options;
- provide additional Advanced Placement® (AP®) and dual credit options;
- provide additional accelerated instruction options; and/or
- provide additional credit recovery options.
Our Memorial Middle School Budget is approximately $80,000.
- TxVSN Costs - $56,700.00
- Teacher Cost - $11,340.00
- Technology Cost - $11,340.00
- Grand total: $79,380.00
For more information, please contact Emilio B. Flores, Community Relations Coordinator, at 361-592-3387 ext. 8134