Message from KISD Superintendent of Schools,
Dr. Cissy Reynolds-Pérez.
I want to outline the timeline and details for the 2023-2024 Calendar Planning & Decision Process. Please see below:
- On March 8th at 4:30 pm, DEIC met to review calendar drafts and propose options. The options are attached, however please review them after reading through the details outlined below in order to put the attached options into context.
- On the Monday, March 20th Professional Development Day at 7:30 am, I will meet with all staff/teachers in the Dome to review the attached calendar options that DEIC recommended. During that time we will answer questions that are emailed or asked from now until then. You may email me individually and I will collect all questions to create a Q & A for everyone. (Make sure to read the list of Q&A’s below that we have already started.)
- On Thursday, March 23rd at 5:30 pm, we will host a Town Hall meeting to discuss calendar options with parent/community members/staff/teachers. We will begin publicizing the Town Hall meeting starting today on robocalls, social media, newspaper, email, etc. I have invited several community agencies that are ready to support us by offering activities for students if KISD decides to proceed with Calendar Option 3 which is a 4.5 Day-Week Calendar (four and a half days) (We have invited agencies such as: the Boys & Girls Club, City Park & Rec, Kingsway Church, Lil Oscar Cantu Boxing; if you know of others I can contact please send me their names.).
- Immediately after the Town Hall meeting on Thursday, March 23rd, we will post a survey on our website for students, parents, teachers, and staff to vote on one of the calendar options. The survey will be live for 10 calendar days with repeated reminders via robocalls, social media, etc.
- On Tuesday, April 4th, we will take the 2023-2024 Calendar recommendation to the board at a Special meeting which will be held at 5:30 pm.
Click on the Calendar Option Button or the Calendar Image to view full size calendar option.